Dressing Table

Tuesday 27 August 2013

I've had my dressing table for yonks now and it has served me well. It is natural pine, and I've always had it in the back of my mind that I would paint it some jazzy colours and add some funky drawer handles to it. I'm not one to shy away from a bit of up cycling, however I've reluctantly come to the decision recently that the dressing table is physically too big for my bedroom, which is probably why its a project I haven't bothered to start.

So I'm currently scouring eBay and Gumtree like a mad woman for a smaller dressing table in desperate need of some TLC. Until I find one, I will search Pinterest (where else?) for inspiration and ideas of what colours to use for my shiny-new dressing table (when I eventually find one the right size...)

I also have my heart set on a ottoman style seat rather than a stool, one I can cover in lovely fabric and use for storage of my hairdryer and straighteners when they are not styling my locks. Searches for this sort of thing so far have not been fruitful, and I now fear I may have to build one. Anyone who saw my GCSE Resistant Materials (fancy term for woodwork) project of a 'wonky' toy box will know that this is not a good idea.

Wish me luck on my search. In the meantime, here is some Pinspiration....




NB: Judging from my Pins, I clearly really like blue. Blue it is!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!